Debbie Daanen Photography is a local, well established studio, located on Northland Avenue, Appleton. Our studio was established over 30 years ago and our talent pool is second to none. We are a high end studio that combined both classic and contemporary styles of photography to create striking classic images and a hint of photojournalistic flare.
With two full time photographers, Debbie Daanen and Ashley Schmit, and part-time help from recently retired photographer Dave Andre', we are able to combine a variety of photographic perspectives to ensure a variety of images in a timely fashion.
We take pride in our professional and exquisite customer service. We focus on one on one personal attention with each client's wants and needs and guarantee your satisfaction with our services and products. We use a professional portrait processing lab stand behind the quality of our prints.
Photography is our passion and we truly believe that your final portraits will not only be treasured memories but lasting works of art. We are always open to your ideas and would love to answer any questions you might have. Contact the studio to set up a consultation visit with us…we look forward to creating with you!
Meet the Talent…
Debbie is a graduate of Kaukauna High School, who went on to serve her apprenticeship in several studios and color labs after her receiving her degree from MATC Madison. She bought her first studio over 30 years ago and through the years has made a true name for herself. Over the years, people have come back to the studio year after year for their annual portraits because they know their finished product will be a true work of art…We are proud to call these people friends.
Respected by clients and colleges alike, Debbie's masterful talents speak for themselves. Debbie's creativity extends far past the studio walls. Debbie lives in Combined Locks with her husband, Jamie and dog, Bo. She loves gardening, crafts and time at the cottage in her time away from the studio.
Most importantly she has earned the respect of her peers and the public for her creativity, customer satisfaction, tireless devotion and work ethic. All one needs to do is glance through her work to see the heart and soul of a gifted artist in the prime of her life and career.
Ashley Schmit, after graduating from UW-Whitewater in 2006, with a degree in photojournalism, is our second full-time photographer and Debbie's partner in the business. Living in Appleton, with her cat, VanGogh, Ashley enjoys art, music and time with friends and family in her free time. A good concert or outrageous road trip are never too far off in Ashley's weekend plans.
She and Debbie have been working side-by-side ever since Ashley's graduation from Freedom High School in 2002. She had taken part ownership in the studio four years ago and the long-time partnership between Debbie and Ashley has made our talent pool unmatched. Handling office tasks and the computer graphics end of the studio, on top of the regular photography work, Ashley has been an excellent addition to the Debbie Daanen Photography team. Ashley's unique style is the perfect compliment to Debbie's own unprecedented methods.
Ashley, with her artistic talents, clear eye on trends, and background in journalism, has a definite bright future ahead of her. The dynamic duo of Debbie Daanen and Ashley Schmit, make an excellent team; in and out of the camera room.
Our community efforts…
The ladies of Debbie Daanen Photography share their talents with many of their favorite organizations and charities…
- The Fox Valley Humane Association work hand in hand with the studio several times a year for charming photos of shelter pets. "Bark in the Park" and "Unleash the Holidays" are the two big fundraisers involving Debbie Daanen Photography and the best pet portraits in the area.
- Community Hospice Foundation is a wonderful charity that benefits from our studio's work. Cherry Meadows has several donated SoHo Art Prints, and other foundation events benefits each year from portraits taken on location and funds donated back the Hospice.
- Theda Clark Hospitals' Children's Ward has a whole wall of donated portraits of fragile preemies. These art works serve as inspiration to the mom's and dad's who wait for their babies to nurture and get well. Their new Birthing Center is a showcase of expectant mothers and newborn portraits, photographed and transformed into works of art by Debbie Daanen Photography.
- Debbie Daanen Photography has recently started working with the Fox Valley Sibling Support Network. The 2010 fund-raising calendar offered by the Sibs Support group is a sample of the work we have done with them in past years.
- Debbie has been a member of the Noon Optimist group for the past three years and is very involved with the group, their community events and their fund-raising efforts for children.
A very special thanks to our D.D. Road Crew: Dave Andre', Amy Van Asten (Grasshopper), Donna Wolf, Cindy Williams, Laura Taylor, Cindy Labus and Katie Vatland, who work with us on special events in and out of the studio. We couldn't do it without you!
Do you own a Debbie Daanen?